Sticky cake and date lovers give your attention please! Sticky Date Cake has a very sticky structure and is really incredibly delicious which is especially popular in America. It is no longer a cake but a dessert in itself when served with caramel sauce or Dulce de Leche and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You can remove the sugar completely if you wish. So you have a slightly healthier cake, but of course, do not put the caramel sauce and ice cream. The choice is yours :)
- 130 g dates
- 240 ml water
- 6 g bicarbonate of soda
- 42 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ zest of orange
- orange extract*
- 125 g flour
- 4 g baking powder
- 2 g salt
- Oven: 175℃
- Dice the dates and put them in a small sauce pan, and the later and bring it to a boil, summer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat, masa the dates into a paste with a fork, and the bicarbonade of soda and stir well. Let standart until cool.
- Beat the room temperatured butter with the sugar with the paddle attachement until it is creamy. And the eggs one at a time and mixing well between addictions.
- Add the orange zest, orange extract and vanilla and mis well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Slowly and the duy ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the cooled date paste and mix well until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepated pan and baked the cake in ben-mari about 30'.
- Remove the cake and let the cake cook in ben-mari about 15'. Carefully lift the cake pan from the ben-mari and invert the cake onto a cutting board. Let it stand awhile before slicing.
- All the methods, ingredients and tolls that are used for preparation of the cake are shown at our Instagram Highlight Story.
- You can make your own vanilla extract by yourself, espeacially recommended if you often use vanilla sticks (because it is realy a speacial ingredient). You can follow Cafe Fernando's beautiful vanilla extract recipe for a delicious one.
- What does it mean to cook a ben-marie? Put some hot water to a pan which is a little bit larger than your cake pan, and put your cake pan into this hot water. Bake your cake this way. With this method your cake will cook slowly and evenly.
- The cake is a very soft and wet cake, please be careful when you remove your cake from your baking pan.