As a society highly get into traditions (happily), we are sometimes able to react to alternative food products. I think we are right in the first place because we have a solid culinary culture based on centuries in which each village there are various recipes specific to the locality . It is a blessing to be born in the Ottoman-Turkish culture in the meaning of eating and drinking as it is in many ways. Every corner of the country has a different beauty, each village has its own millions of different flavors, traditions and methods. While benefiting from these traditional flavors that come with the diversity of agricultural products, it would be useful to be open to alternative developments as well.
I will share your oat milk production with you today. In order to soften the prejudices I have mentioned above, I'll tell you why you can give oat milk a chance.
- Oat milk is an alternative for those who are intolerant of milk and dairy products.
- A great beverage option for vegans.
- Oat milk is a new nutritious food and a healthy drink alternative for babies and children.
- Oats are satisfying and nourishing.
I simply wrote why you could try plant based milks.
This blog will not only include the oat milk recipe. We will make the oat milk and a banana smoothie with it. My 18-month-old nephew, Pera, loved this smoothie. I hope you and your children like it too.
- 45 g (⅓ cups) Oats
- Filtered Water (to pass the oatmeal)
- 1 pinch of sea salt *
320 ml (1 + ⅓ cups) Filtered Water
- 1 large or 2 small bananas
- 30 g (⅓ cups) Peanut Butter **
- Add filtered water to pass the oat and add the salt, rest for at least 4 hours at room temperature (22℃-26℃). You can soak the oats overnight as well. Not only does soaking help soften the oats, but it also makes them easier to digest.
- Rince and drain the oats. Put them into the blender and add add hot filtered water (not boiling but very hot) and blend it for a few minutes.
- Strain the milk using a cheesecloth.
- Put the milk into the refrigerator (+4℃) for a few hours.
- Slice the bananas and put them into the freezer (-18℃) for 4 hours.
- Blend the frozen bananas, cold oat milk and peanut butter together. Your smoothie is ready to drink!
* Doctors does not recommend to use salt for the babies younger than 12 months.
** Peanut is allergen.
- Use filtered water.
- Use sea salt.
- Use the organic and fresh product as you can reach.
- You can make your own peanut butter as well. However if you would like to buy, please be sure to use unsweetened peanut butter.
- This recipe is only takes 15 minutes when you discard waiting times.
- It's easy to take a print of this recipe! Click the bottom below.